What Not To Say To Someone Who Is Depressed

mental health, depression, family and friends of depressed people,
Depression is Difficult.

1. "Just get over it."
2. "Just try to be happy."
3. "What you went through wasn't that bad".
4. "Other people are going through a lot worse."
5. "You are depressed? But you're so happy?"
6. "I'm tired of hearing about it."
7. "Don't go for therapies and drugs. They don't work."
8. "Stop being so negative all the time."
9. "You just need to go out and you'll be fine."
10. "Stop the self-pity."
11. "Stop being so selfish.
12. "You'll feel better tomorrow."
13. "Life is not fair. You have to deal with it."
14. "Life goes on. You need to move on."
15. "What are you even depressed about?"
16. "Stop feeling sorry for yourself."
17. "Everyone is dealing with their lives. Why can't you?"
18. "You are too sensitive."
19. "Cheer up."
20. "Be grateful for what you have."
21. "You should try harder."
22. "You are strong. You'll be fine."
23. "You need a make-over."
24. "Stop complaining all the time."
25. "It's all in your mind."
26. "Happiness is a choice."
27. "I know how it feels. I once was depressed for several days."
28. "Have you got your PMS?"
29. "Try praying. You'll feel better."
30. "Nobody is responsible for your depression. You chose to be depressed."
31. "You don't like feeling that way? Change it then."
32. "What's your problem?"

10 comments

  1. For me nothing is more annoying than, "Other people are going through a lot worse."
    I mean why should I be happy that someone else is suffering? Why should I feel better that they are in a worser situation... Thats the most terrible thought...

    Thanks for sharing... Liked this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true. I hate that one the most too. Besides, a problem is a problem. My problems matter to me. And someone going through a worse situation doesn't make my problem any less important.

      Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the list. I hope other's that do not understand depression, can read this and think before commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Words, if not chosen carefully, can be really hurtful to someone who is depressed. Thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness
    of valuable experience regarding unexpected feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que tal! muy linda nota, parece que el maestro google me condujo exactamente a la información que estaba queriendo,
    me encanta Tailandia y espero regresar el próximo mes, me suscribo a leer las nuevaspublicaciones, muchas gracias Good Job!!;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for stopping by. I don't know Spanish but I used the same master Google to translate what you wrote. Thank you for the kind words. I'm really glad you found it useful. Do revisit! :)

      Delete
  5. This post gives clear idea for the new people of blogging, that truly
    how to do running a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drones are the way of the longer term. I'm glad I found this glorious
    article! I learned some tips i couldn't know using this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?

    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to
    get there! Appreciate it

    ReplyDelete

Lacking Motivation? Check This Post Out!

5 Things I've Learned About Motivation

Explore More!